Now, I haven't actually looked into the history of the Versatile Blogger Award, but I'm going to guess that it's just like the Liebster Blogger Award, you know a chain type of thing. Regardless, I'm extremely happy to receive this. Now according to the rules, I have to thank the person (in this case people) who have nominated me. I also have to include a link to their blog.
My first nomination came from Michelle Pond:
Sopphey, I think you are versatile so I am giving you the Versatile Blogger Award.I think Michelle is versatile too. Check out her amazing poetry blog. Also, check out the nomination post to learn seven things about her (spoiler, they're seven things she doesn't always right about!).
The second from Muddy Kinzer:
[Comment about the post Behind the Name] For that and for all you do here, I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award!Muddy is definitely versatile too. I have too much fun reading her blog about her new adventures in rediscovering herself. Don't forget to check out the nomination post where not only will you learn seven things about her, but you'll also see the essence of why I'm so glad I met Muddy during the MNINB April Platform Challenge.
And lastly from Kristi Carver:
Hi Sopphey! Your blog is very entertaining! ... very awesome! and to make your day, you've been nominated for the Versatile Blogger award;) you go girl!Kristi is truly versatile too. Her blog, Colorado Girl Writes, is full of personal insights to her. She's very hands on too, like she made a wine tote! It's so awesome! I once tried making a pencil bag, and it doesn't look as awesome as her tote. Right, so other than making wine totes, she does a whole lot more. Check out the nomination post and learn more about Kristi.
Now those were the Thank Yous. Time to select 15 blogs/bloggers that I've recently discovered or follow regularly. Ok, yeah this is too much to do. I can't just select 15 blogs! That's terrible. I also hate having to pick someone over another person. I follow too many blogs and you cannot make me choose just 15 to recommend. I'm going to make a web list, kind of like Lara Britt's annotated blog roll, but with every single link I can think to recommend. This list is going to take a really long time to make, but I sort of started it already. One more disclaimer, making the list is going to be a very slow process.
Finally, tell the person (people) who nominated you 7 things about yourself (myself). OK, well I kinda talk a lot about myself on this blog. I'm going to list 7 things I don't normally talk about and may or may not blog about.
1. I have this crazy relationship with food. Especially sweet foods. I like to taste food. The flavors are really cool, the actual eating doesn't always sit well, though. Consequently, I love drinking everything. There's a huge difference between eating an apple and drinking apple juice. Most times I'll opt for drinking apple juice. In my quest for drinking delicious drinks, I've come very close to creating interesting things like... cheesecake in the form of a milkshake. It's just like drinking a milkshake, but it tastes like a cheesecake and satisfies both your cheesecake craving and moderate amount of cheesecake calories!
2. I'm an Aquarius and a lot of times feel like I fit the bill for the "cold" version of the sun sign. I've been told before that I give off the impression that I'm cold and don't care for much. Now, this could absolutely be true, but in reality it's something I don't have much control over because of various medical terms and conditions involved in my biological make up and environment.
3. I'm one of those people that would die (or experience huge withdrawals) when they don't write.
4. I've ruined blog analytics by accident. I have this really bad habit of clicking on a link, reading the blog post, think of something to comment, and then leaving the blog post open (without commenting). I probably leave these links open all day until I realize I have 30+ tabs open and then CTRL+W everything. So like... if you notice a spot in your statistics with 30+ minutes of time from somewhere in Texas... then that was probably me.
5. My favorite color is purple. All the purples, anything that is vaguely purple is good for me.
6. I don't talk about my family often, but I love them because they're all unique and incredibly creative.
7. I hate doing laundry. It's so inconvenient and it usually takes 2.5 hours to do (for my single self). Logically speaking, it's approximately 38 minutes for washing and 45 minutes for drying. Why it adds up to 2.5 hours is beyond me.
Tada! We made it through my Versatile Blogger Award post. Don't forget to check out the incredibly awesome new things on Michelle's, Muddy's, and Kristi's blog and stay tuned for a mega list of websites that I recommend.